Friday, January 17, 2014

Busy Wedding Bee.

A few things have happened since I returned to Florida after a month long vacation in California! The day after I got back home, I went on an interview and was offered the job on the spot! Best thing is the position is on a surgical floor with an emphasis on joint replacements, my specialty! Well, my main knowledge set right now. Also, the hospital is only 2.6 miles away. And I was offered a position on day shift!! I am very lucky.

I have gotten into major wedding planning mode because my days off won't last for long. As well as when I was in Sacramento, my Mother-in-Love (her idea, not mine haha) really pushed me to make some decisions and get a head start on things. That really sent my mind reeling over all the little details I had yet to decide on. So, ever since I've been back I've been working on whatever I can. The problem is, I am not a designer nor do I know how to do anything on the computer except use Word and surf the web... So designing invitations with fancy fonts and this new thing I learned called swashes and programs, SO CONFUSING! Thank goodness I started early. Also, it's annoying when you have a really good idea in your head and no idea on how to make it materialize on the computer. Maybe I need one of those adult computer classes. Nevertheless, I did bang out some pretty beautiful envelopes in my opinion! Here's a little sneak peek!


Like I said, terrible at doing a lot of things on the computer but I'm pretty proud I figured this simple thing out. Ha! Not bad for having no budget for a calligrapher! Toot toot!

Also, how cute are the stamps that I used for my postcard Save the Dates?!

These two websites were very helpful for addressing my invitations. Word to the wise: know how many invitations you are sending out, not the number of guests. I know our guest count is at 150 but really we're only sending out about 85 invitations. At the Post Office I GROSSLY overestimated how many stamps we would need and purchased 360. Doh! Well, the cost of the stamp is rising so I guess it's safe to say I'm set for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment