Friday, December 27, 2013

Raw Chocolate Coconut Macaroons

I've been on a documentary-thon lately and am Hungry for Change! (See what I did there?) I'm choosing Forks Over Knives and trying a plant based diet. To kickstart it, my family and I went to my favorite raw food place, The Green Boheme. Everything there is completely raw and vegan and absolutely delicious! If you've never been there before or think being vegan is all about salads, think again! There's burgers, pizza, ravioli, and even enchiladas! Super tasty!
Anyway, for dessert they had some macaroons: vanilla chai and chocolate. But looking at the ingredients, I already had some on hand and figured I would try to make some myself when I got home.
Introducing my (raw, vegan) chocolate coconut protein macaroons!
1 cup unsweetened coconut threads
3 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons raw cacao powder (I used organic cacao nibs ground to a powder)
1 tablespoon bodylogix vegan protein powder in chocolate
1 tablespoon agave syrup
Salt to taste
Combine and pulse all ingredients in a food processor. Spoon onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for an hour or two and enjoy!
Anyone else trying to better their lives in 2014? Try these macaroons and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment